(Account Payables and Bank Reconciliation Officer)
We are a growing bulk oil distribution company (BDC) operating within the downstream sector of Ghana’s oil and gas industry. We are looking for a detail-oriented and diligent accounts officer to join our team. The accounts officer is responsible for examining and auditing financial records to ensure overall accuracy and statutory compliance. We are seeking a dedicated candidate who will not only manage the bookkeeping but also make educated recommendations on budget efficiency and improvements. He/she engages directly with stakeholders and provides efficient service delivery that meet their needs.
• Monitor all banking activities to detect irregularities.
• Investigate all transactions to prevent fraud.
• Provide feedback to the finance department on how to improve internal controls
and pinpoint areas where risks relating to banking transactions can be minimized.
• Provide documentation to supporting all financial transactions.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports regarding all cash deposits to bank(s)
• Assist auditors – internal and external – with documentation required for the
auditors to do their job satisfactorily
• Perform the reconciliation and verification of accounts regarding cash at hand and
cash at bank
• Reconcile and process transactions that are complex in nature
• Maintain required files, reports, and data.
• Liaise with Receivable Officer to reconcile and rectify all ledger accounts
belonging to customers
• Adhere to corporate standards and procedures in all reconciliation activities
• File all prepared accounts in a well-organized manner
• Reconcile discrepancies in different accounts
• Administers and processes all Petty Cash transactions within the parameters of
Rhema Energy’s policies and procedures
• Maintain the Petty Cash flow
• Prepare vouchers related to various revenues and expenses
• Perform monthly petty cash reconciliations for review and approval by Finance
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Finance Manager
Educational and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting , finance or a related field required.
• Must have ACCA qualification or ICAG minimum level II
Skills and Knowledge
• Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
• Familiar with the use of accounting system software (Factura preferred)
• Must have key attention to detail
• Strong organizing skills, with ability to juggle multiple demands.
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Should be able to work independently with little supervision
• Must have great sense of initiative on their job
Apply for this position
Use the form below to submit your job application