We are a growing bulk oil distribution company (BDC) operating within the downstream sector of Ghana’s oil and gas industry. We are looking for a detail-oriented and diligent accounts officer to join our team. The accounts officer is responsible for examining and auditing financial records to ensure overall accuracy and statutory compliance. We are seeking a dedicated candidate who will not only manage the bookkeeping but also make educated recommendations on budget efficiency and improvements. He/she engages directly with stakeholders and provides efficient service delivery that meet their needs.
- Communicates management’s instructions to various individuals and/or departments.
- Relieves management of clerical work and minor administrative business details.
- Furnishes and obtains information from other leaders.
- Keeps and maintains confidentiality of subject matter. Discretion is critical.
- Handles inquiries, complaints or adjustments; screens calls; provides information to callers/visitors.
- Schedules appointments; composes correspondence; checks and verifies bills, invoices, receipts, schedules, purchase orders and other documents; performs complicated reconciliation and control functions; and compiles special studies where analysis of complicated data is required.
- Maintains complicated records requiring classification and compilation of varied information; prepares reports.
- Operates a variety of general business machines and equipment.
- Organizes all phone calls, voicemails, mail, and email.
- Organizes, pre-reads and/or creates materials for presentation.
- Coordinates executive travel calendar and arrangements including logistics, itineraries, and expense reports.
- Reviews and researches invoice, expense, and other approvals for IT department.
- Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepares reports.
- Manages special projects and other related duties as requested.
- Management and oversight of all departmental administrative support (clerical) staff and activities, including training and common procedures.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Office Management or a related field required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a corporate organization and or firm.
- Information Technology (IT) experience and/or education.
- Demonstrated articulate and persuasive communication skills in a highly visible role.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams skills are necessary.
- Must have key attention to detail
- Strong organizing skills, with ability to juggle multiple demands.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Should be able to work independently with little supervision
- Must have great sense of initiative on their job
Apply for this position
Use the form below to submit your job application