We are a growing bulk oil distribution company (BDC) operating within the downstream sector of Ghana’s oil and gas industry. We are looking for a goal-oriented and enterprising business development officer to join our team. The purpose of the role is to grow our client portfolios and expand our market reach by ensuring performance targets are consistently achieved in line with Rhema Energy’s business strategy, and in line with our values and culture. He/she engages directly with clients and provides efficient service delivery that meet their needs.
- Develop leads into opportunities and convert into new accounts.
- Manage client expectations throughout the sales cycle and closing process.
- Prospect for and finalise agreements with OMCs.
- Ensure compliance with terms in all contractual agreements with clients.
- Ensure timely collection of cheque payments from clients.
- Gather market intelligence on business environment and generate plans to acquire new markets based on consultation with management.
- Build relationships and network with parties that can enable the achievement of the organization’s sales and marketing strategy.
- Implement effective customer relationship management tools to ensure customers are consistently engaged and their needs met.
- Generate weekly business development report to line manager and address gaps.
- Ensure sale of products within agreed window.
- Leverage on knowledge of industry trends and client challenges to develop and deliver compelling value propositions.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration is an added advantage.
- Should have CIMA qualification or related professional qualification.
Skills and Knowledge
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Tools Suite
- The ability to form and sustain relationships with key client base.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills, with ability to juggle multiple demands.
- Should be tactful and must have good negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Candidate must have a flair for business development, networking and strategy development.
Apply for this position
Use the form below to submit your job application