We are a bulk oil distribution company (BDC) operating within the downstream sector of Ghana’s oil and gas industry. We are looking for a detail-oriented and diligent project management officer to facilitate the delivery of a project (set up of Oil Marketing Company OMC). The Project management officer is responsible for the coordination of activities to ensure a smooth setup process and regulatory compliance for a new OMC. We are seeking a dedicated candidate who will manage the checklist and oversee set up of the oil marketing company on behalf of Rhema Energy. He/she engages directly with stakeholders, engineers and representatives of regulatory bodies and provides efficient project management delivery.
- Action the checklist for the set up of a filling station or OMC
- Identify and recommend available areas to set up filling stations
- Identify existing OMCs/Stations for partnership or takeover (OMCs or stations selling a minimum volume of 100,000 litres per month)
- Liaise with regulatory bodies such as NPA, Registrar General, EPA, Town and Country Planning, GNFS, Factory and Inspectorate Authorities as well as Local assembly on requirements for set up of OMC
- Visit sites with project engineer and provide support on project deliverables
- Provide documentation to support all financial transactions during the project
- Maintain required files, reports, and data.
- Prepare and present weekly reports (progress reports) to immediate supervisor
- Perform monthly petty cash reconciliations for review and approval by supervisor
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in project management , Admin or a related field.
- Project Management certification or experience in the Downstream Oil and Gas industry is an added advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
- Must have key attention to detail
- Strong organizing skills, with ability to juggle multiple demands.
- Strong research skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Mode of Application
All interested candidates with the requisite qualifications, skills and technical competencies should submit their applications, curriculum vitae and other credentials to the Head of Human Resources through email@example.com not later than June 30, 2022.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within two weeks from deadline stated above.
Apply for this position
Use the form below to submit your job application